At A Glance
Engineering is central to the mission of UT Dallas, which is committed to be a global leader in innovative, high quality science, engineering, and business education and research.
The Jonsson School is one of the fastest-growing and most vigorous engineering and computer science schools in the United States. Since 2008, the Jonsson School has doubled in size with the creation of four new departments and nine new degree programs, while maintaining an undergraduate student body whose average SAT scores are among the highest of any public university in Texas. Strategically located in the Dallas area’s Telecom Corridor, home to hundreds of high-tech companies, Jonsson School areas of expansion include programs in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, analog electronics, cybersecurity, systems engineering, robotics and control systems.
The mission of the Jonsson School is to:
- Deliver state-of-the-art high-technology engineering degree programs for the State of Texas and beyond.
- Produce versatile students equipped not only with technical skills, but also with innovative and entrepreneurial skills.
- Address problems of critical societal need through research aimed at the creation of new engineering knowledge and technology transfer to industry.
- Develop partnerships with government and the private sector to apply new knowledge for economic growth and high-tech job creation in order to strengthen existing regional firms, promote the growth of new regional firms and create new high-paying private sector jobs.
- Provide leadership and outreach to nurture tomorrow's leaders in science, mathematics and high-technology education and business.
Bachelor of Science
Master of Science
Doctor of Philosophy*
*Data on the 18 characteristics prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is available here.
For more on how the Jonsson School will become one of the top schools of engineering and computer science in the United States, read our strategic plan.